Having a place to put money that you don’t need to spend on bills or necessities can help curb unnecessary spending. A savings account can hold your money for emergencies and be a good way to set aside money for a future purchase. To help you start your savings off in the right direction we’ve found five savings tips for your future:
1. Set an overall goal. The first step should be determining how much money you’ll need. Deciding ahead of time what you’re saving for can help keep you motivated during your savings journey. It can be something specific, like a new car or a house, or an amount specifically set aside for emergencies.
2. Set a budget. You can’t properly divert money to your savings if you don’t know where your money is going. While you’re trying to boost your savings, restrict your spending to necessities or consider getting a side job for extra income.
3. Ask for help. During special occasions when you may expect to receive gifts from friends and family, request cash instead of physical gifts to help you reach your goal.
4. Set a monthly savings goal. Allocate a specific amount of money each month to your savings account. Consider setting up automatic transfers from your checking to your savings account each month. You can do that with ease using the transfer tool within the Arvest Go Mobile app.
5. Let your savings grow. Try not to touch your savings unless it’s necessary. If you continuously pull money out of your savings account to pay bills or make other purchases, reaching your savings goal may seem more and more impossible.
Building up your savings account can seem difficult if you don’t know where to begin but following these tips can help you reach your goals. If you don’t have a savings account, there’s no time like the present to open one. Arvest offers a variety of savings accounts to help you earn interest while saving money. Visit arvest.com/savings to get started.
Opening deposit required. Fees and Restrictions may apply; fees may reduce earnings.
Member FDIC. Equal Housing Lender.