Take a good look at your surroundings and your daily routine. What is working, and what isn’t? Here are some ideas for things you can you do during January, sometimes known as “Get Organized Month”, to set yourself up for success this year:
- Prioritize. On a daily basis, identify your 3 most important tasks, and make sure you do them before everything else. This can apply to your personal or work life.
- Put it in writing. It’s hard to remember everything. Keep your to-do lists and other important information written (or digitally saved) somewhere so you can look back at it anytime.
- Create a central info center. Keep up with schedules and tasks by coordinating with your family or co-workers on a plan for a central info center so that calendar items are editable and visible to all members.
- Reduce clutter. Before buying one thing, remove something old or something you don’t use from your home. Donate these items to others in need or sell them to help fund your next purchase.
- Plan ahead. Create a budget in Online Banking with Blue IQ® and manage your bank accounts by scheduling recurring payments and transfers with the Arvest Go mobile app.
- Clean up regularly. Allot 15-30 minutes per day to de-cluttering and cleaning up your home, office or automobile. This will help you remain organized throughout the year.
While these are just a few examples of ways to get organized, we encourage you to start with this list, then add to it as you see areas that need improvement. Stress relief, time and money savings, and increased productivity are all great reasons to take the next steps to getting organized.