In observance of the upcoming holidays, all Arvest branches and the Customer Service line will close:
- Friday, December 24th at noon
- Saturday, December 25th
- Friday, December 31st by 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday, January 1st
For your convenience, you can bank 24/7 using:
- An ATM near you
- Arvest Go Mobile App
- Arvest Online Banking with BlueIQ™
- 24-Hour Account Info Line
The holidays often present many demands, such as cooking meals, shopping, baking, cleaning and entertaining, just to name a few. You can help reduce the stress that accompanies the holidays with these five tips:
- Keep It Simple. Do less and enjoy more. Decide how much money you can afford to spend for gift and food shopping, then stick to your budget. Consider giving homemade gifts or donate to a charity in someone’s name.
- Attend to your self-care. Don’t overindulge. Maintaining a healthy diet and exercise, even just a short walk, will help avoid unnecessary stress and guilt. And make time for yourself. This could be 10 minutes of quiet time to refresh or simply finding an activity that you can enjoy alone without distractions.
- Forget about perfection. Stick to your daily routine as much as possible and make lists of tasks and errands to avoid last minute scrambling. Keep old holiday traditions that you enjoy so you can slow down and enjoy the season. Don’t fret if you can’t do it all and recognize that it is ok to say “no” to requests.
- Focus on kindness and gratitude. Enjoy time with family and friends. Set aside grievances until a more appropriate time for discussion and be understanding if others get upset or stressed. Everyone feels the effects of holiday stress in some way, so practice acceptance and forgiveness.
- Acknowledge emotions. Holiday time can make you happy, sad, frustrated, lonely and so much more. It’s ok to take time to express your feelings. Reach out to family, friends or a health professional for support. Volunteering your time or doing something to help others is a good way to lift your spirits.
When stress is at its peak, it’s hard to stop and regroup. Try to prevent stress by incorporating these helpful tips. You may even end up enjoying the holidays more than you thought you would!