LITTLE ROCK, Ark. – Arvest Wealth Management is pleased to recognize Dennis J. Whittaker’s recent appointments involving the National Federation of Municipal Analysts and the Southern Municipal Finance Society.
Whittaker serves as senior vice president and fixed income portfolio manager for Arvest Bank Trust, a division of Arvest Bank. In that role, Whittaker manages the fixed income portfolios for a book of high-profile client accounts. Additionally, he directs the research function for securities that have credit risk for both client portfolios and the bank’s investment portfolio.
Whittaker is based in Little Rock, but serves in a support role to Arvest Wealth Management’s investment management group, which serves the entire Arvest footprint. He was recently appointed as:
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Southern Municipal Finance Society
- The Chair of the Board of Directors of the Southern Municipal Finance Society
- Member of the Board of Governors of the National Federation of Municipal Analysts
The Southern Municipal Finance Society is a constituent society of the National Federation of Municipal Analysts. The latter is a nonprofit industry association with the goals of:
- Promoting professionalism in municipal credit analysis,
- Furthering the skill level of its members through educational programs and industry communication, providing a platform by which analysts can exchange information,
- Advocating, when appropriate, issues of importance to the municipal finance industry, and
- Facilitating the flow of information among market participants, especially in terms of better issuer disclosure
“This is a testament to the knowledge, insight and expertise that Dennis brings to the municipal finance industry. We are thrilled to congratulate him on these significant industry achievements.”
Donny Rogers, Arvest Bank Trust president and CEO
Whittaker, a Chartered Financial Analyst®, earned a bachelor’s degree in economics at the University of Arkansas. He also is a member of the Fixed Income Analysts Society.