Arvest Bank is pleased to present “Money Matters,” a seven-week financial education series that will occur via Zoom-based classes on Mondays from Feb. 7-March 21. Classes will be held from 6-8 p.m.
The classes are designed to help participants rethink personal budgets, become debt-free and form other actionable plans to take control of your finances. They are free and open to the public. Register by texting “MONEY” to (501) 299-9009 or visiting here.
Additionally, because “Money Matters” is offered via Zoom, anyone can join from anywhere. Classes and services facilitated by Saint Mark Baptist Church of Little Rock, Ark.
“I am so inspired by your teachings of Money Matters,” said Angel, a former class participant. “I thought I was doing pretty well handling my finances, but the instructors went above and beyond anything I already knew.
“From managing my W-9 form to keeping a record of where all my accounts were in case something happened to me, I feel more secure in my finances. You stressed the importance of an emergency fund, which I now have. I can’t thank you enough or express how wonderful the class is.”
Here is a look at the seven-week curriculum:
- Monday, Feb. 7: Introduction to Money Management – Learn what to expect from this series and explore the principles of money management and long-term effects of debt. Presented by Charles Thomas and Candace Woodruff.
- Monday, Feb. 14: Cash Flow Planning – Learn how to track spending and understand some basic financial forms. Presented by Charles Thomas and Candace Woodruff.
- Monday, Feb. 21: Debt Elimination Strategies – Find out how debt, expenses and goals affect your financial health. Also explore your investor profile. Presented by Candace Woodruff.
- Monday, Feb. 28: Personal Finances – Understand your personal credit profile, credit reports and credit scores, along with a look at some banking tools and business credit opportunities. Presented by Marcus Guinn, loan manager for Arvest in Little Rock, Ark.
- Monday, March 7: Real Estate and Estate Planning – Learn about the benefits of owning real estate and the importance of estate planning. Presented by Jamille Thomas and David Jones.
- Monday, March 14: Life Insurance, Retirement Plans and Introduction to Investing – Take retirement by the reins and understand the importance of plans and benefit needs. Presented by Charles Thomas and Candace Woodruff.
- Monday, March 21: Investments – Explore investment tools that are at your fingertips, and how and why to keep them close. Presented by Charles Thomas and Candace Woodruff.