Arvest Bank is pleased to present “Money Matters,” a seven-week series of financial education classes on Mondays, starting Feb. 6. The classes will be held from 6-8 p.m. at Saint Mark Baptist Church in Little Rock or virtually, and childcare will be available for those who need it.
The classes are designed to help participants rethink personal budgets, become debt-free and create actionable plans to take control of their finances. The classes are free and open to the public, and registration can be completed here or by texting “MONEY” to (501) 299-9009.
Since “Money Matters” is offered through YouTube Live, anyone can join from anywhere. In-person classes and services are facilitated by Saint Mark Baptist Church of Little Rock, Ark.
“My personal experience with ‘Money Matters’ has been nothing less than exceptional,” said Gwen, a former class participant. “I started the program in 2017 and have been an avid supporter of what the program offers and again how life changing it can be when the information offered is put into practice.”
“I am using the tools I’ve gotten from this class with my kids,” said Dennis, another former class participant. “I want them to understand the importance of estate planning, insurance, banks and all kinds of other things so they can be prepared when the time comes.”
Here is an overview of the seven-week curriculum:
- Monday, Feb. 6: Introduction to Money Management – Learn what to expect from this series and explore the principles of money management and long-term effects of debt. Presented by Charles Thomas and Candace Woodruff.
- Monday, Feb. 13: Cash Flow Planning – Learn how to track spending and understand some basic financial forms. Presented by Charles Thomas and Candace Woodruff.
- Monday, Feb. 20: Debt Elimination Strategies – Find out how debt, expenses and goals affect your financial health. Also learn how to explore your investor profile. Presented by Candace Woodruff.
- Monday, Feb. 27: Credit and Real Estate – Understand your personal credit profile, credit reports and credit scores along with learning the benefits of owning real estate. Presented by Marcus Guinn.
- Monday, March 6: Estate Planning and Insurance – Time to get into estate planning and understanding the process and benefits of owning real estate along with the importance of insurance. Presented by David Jones and Candace Woodruff.