With Cyber Monday only a few days away, many have already started searching for the best holiday deals online. Are you prepared to protect your personal information while boosting your purchasing power? Keep your holidays merry and bright with these five online shopping tips.
- Protect your personal information by only shopping from reputable retailers and websites you recognize. Never disclose personal information in response to pop-up ads or email messages unless you are familiar with the source. When in doubt, search for the retailer’s phone number and physical address for further contact.
- Pay with credit to be protected under the Fair Credit Billing Act, which allows consumers to dispute suspicious charges. Further protect yourself by using your Arvest personal credit card, which features Visa’s Zero Liability to ensure you will not be held responsible for purchases made in the event your card is lost, stolen, or fraudulently used.
- Review bank statements after online purchases to ensure your payment was processed correctly. Our Arvest Go mobile app allows consumers to view both debit and credit card transactions in a central location. Make sure to retain any email receipts or confirmation codes until your merchandise has been delivered.
- Boost purchasing power with rewards. Arvest Flex RewardsTM personal credit cardholders can activate an offer to receive 3X points on holiday purchases through January 7, 2022, which are then redeemable for cash back, gift cards, statement credit and more!* Check for other special programs through retailers to further boost your purchasing power.
- Support small businesses by shopping local. Many small businesses provide online shopping with specialty or personalized products not available at larger retailers for both pick-up and delivery. Check with your local retailers for special holiday deals following Small Business Saturday. We love our local businesses!
*Activate to earn 3X Arvest Flex Rewards points on up to $5,000 in eligible purchases made with your Arvest Flex Rewards™ Personal Credit Card between November 1, 2021 and January 7, 2022. The bonus offer must be activated online by clicking the activation button in your Rewards Account or by calling (800) 356-8085, select “1” for “Consumer Cardholder,” select option “7” for “Rewards.” Bonus points will only be awarded on eligible purchases from November 1, 2021 or the day the bonus is activated (whichever is the latest) through January 7, 2022. Bonus points will be applied based on transaction date and not the date the transaction posts to your account. Purchases can be made by the primary cardholder or any additional cardholders on a single Card Account. Eligible purchases do NOT include fees or interest charges, balance transfers, cash advances, convenience check transactions, purchases of traveler’s checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards or purchases of other cash equivalents. Bonus points will be applied to your account within three (3) billing cycles after your qualifying purchase. To be eligible for the bonus offer, the Card Account must be open and not in default as of the date the bonus points are applied.